Sunday, October 20, 2013

1 Year to Gooooooo!!

Well today (Oct 21) is my release date for my mission, in one year. Don't think that I'm getting trunky or anything, I just can't believe how fast time is flying by. It's pretty crazy! If the next year goes as fast as these past 6 months it will be no time at all before I'm home. That's kind of a weird thought. I don't know whether to be excited by it or sad or scared. But anyways I'll just try and live in the moment. 
Last week was good, we had to go into the city so that Sister Tempany could go through this kind of orientation type thing that our mission president is doing with new missionaries where they stay the night and have a "perfect morning" so we drove in on Tuesday and I got to stay the night with the sisters in that gross flat I was talking about last week. They made it look so nice and cute in the week after I left it! They got bunkbeds and everything and it was fun to spend time with those sisters again. I love making friends with all the sisters in the mission. Sister Carter is finally here from waiting for her visa for forever and she is training and my MTC companion sister Solomon is training, and our other MTC sister has trained twice too now; it feels so weird to  be the "older" sisters now, or at least old enough to be training, because I still feel like I just started. Here in Toowoomba  In my flat I am living with another American for the first time, sister Alberts from Idaho, and sister Tauti from Auckland. It's pretty fun, it's just always an adjustment getting a new companion, or getting a new area, and I got both! And a companion that is trying to adjust to just being a missionary, so it's been a bit stressful around here but I'm starting to get things together and have a bit more organization. There are two wards here in Toowoomba and there are four elders in the other ward, they are splitting that area as well. So they sent four extra missionaries but no new car, so the eight of us are having to deal with sharing one car and that is making things difficult as well because we have some really tiny little towns that we have to get out too as part of our area. But the Lord will provide a way somehow I know it. We had a few good investigators to start with that the other sisters had been working with, but just recently (like this morning) they all are freaking out on us, soooo hopefully we will be able to work out their problems but if not, then it's just back to square one! Oh well though we are sent here to invite others to come unto Christ, and if we have done all we can do it's still up to them to accept the invitation. This area is super different then the rest of Brisbane and there is a tree on every corner, it's super pretty and there are parks everywhere, they have a famous flower festival here every year and it's quite a bit cooler than any other part of the mission during summer, so that's a blessing. We had a ward activity on Saturday which was really fun, not as many nonmembers there as I would have hoped but we had a good time, I even let the Young Women spray color the ends of my hair blue and green haha (it washed out that night). Well that's about all I can think of for this week. Hope everyone celebrates Halloween extra hard for me because they are just party poopers on holidays here in Australia. 
Love you!

Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment