Monday, October 28, 2013

G'Day Mates!

G'day mates,
People really say that here. I say it back to them and they compliment me on my accent usually ha I think I'm going to sound super weird when I get home from my mission. Well this week was a bit rough no lies. Basically all the investigators we have dropped us in a matter of two days. We were supposed to have a baptism on Saturday and that didn't happen and we haven't seen that investigator for over a week now. So we are basically at square zero....but that's alright! We will keep on keepin' on. Sister Tempany had to go to a doctor's appointment at this huge hospital in the middle of Brisbane on Thursday, and ya'll know how I feel about hospitals....so that was an adventure. And it's hard because we are so far away from Brisbane right now that that took up most of our day and then we had to go in again for interviews with president the next day, once again taking up most of the day. I'm looking forward to this week, which we only have to leave tomorrow for a zone meeting and it's not quite as far away (45min instead of 2hrs) It's been hard getting the work really started here when we haven't really had a full week yet at all. But this week should be ok and the next week also, and then it will be the end of the transfer already! I'm already half way here. In a way it seems like I've been here for AGES AND AGES I think just because we have gotten off to such a slow start and had a lot of struggles, but what's life without struggles right?? I know I'll be stronger after getting through this, but that doesn't make it any easier, just more bearable I guess. I don't know what will happen going forward but I would kind of appreciate a break from training at this point....so because I said that I'm sure I'll train again. 
In other news! Toowoomba is BEAUTIFUL! They have these gorgeous Jacaranda trees that bloom with these super pretty light bluish purple flowers all over and these other trees that have this really bright reddish orange flowers all over. There are so many trees here it's crazy! I will take some pictures and send them to you next week, I forgot my camera cord this week. 
Enjoy Halloween for me! They don't really celebrate it at all here ;( It will just be a old Thursday. So take pictures and send them to me please! They have Christmas things out in the stores here already though...so early! They totally skip over Halloween, it's sad.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Sister RAsmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment