Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Turkey Day!!

Well I have a pretty embarassing confession to make. I have been in Australia way too long, because I fully thought that Thanksgiving was last Thursday. But it gets worse because in my district there are 3 and a half Americans and we ALL thought it was last Thursday. I had to have an Australian google and tell me otherwise Thursday night. Not that it really matters, because no one here even knows what Thanksgiving is. So HAPPY THANKSGIVING coming up not just passed. I hope everyone will eat a big turkey for me and love it and enjoy the cold and the football and family and everything. I'll just be over here in the heat getting sunburned and knocking on doors where it's just any other normal Thursday in the summer. 
We went to the temple this morning which is why I'm late emailing, and the temple is just great. Although we did just go two weeks ago so now it will be a long wait to go again. It's crazy working in an area that is so far removed from everything. We had stake conference over the weekend and we had to drive in an hour and a half both ways Saturday night for the adult session and again Sunday morning. It was also complicated by the fact that our car got left in Brisbane the week before(long story) so we had to bum rides off members. The two wards here in Toowoomba were in charge of providing the choir for the Sunday conference and we got asked to participate although none of us really sing, but they just needed numbers I guess. It was hard to invite our investigators to come along since it was such a roadtrip to get out there and I've been feeling drained from all the traveling because we got home late and had to get up early as well. Then we had to get up this morning at like 430 to make sure we got to the temple on time as well. So lots of traveling the past few days and not much sleep. Hopefully I can catch up soon. It's getting way hot these days too but thankfully we are up here in the mountains so it is a dry heat unlike Brisbane where it's super humid. This transfer from here on out shouldn't have too many more roadtrips until Christmas and then we are getting together but I'm not really sure what we will be doing and transfers is over New Years so the first day of next transfer is January 1st which works out nicely haha. 
Well I don't have much else to say for this week. I'll be back to normal with p-day on MOnday next week. Love you all and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!

Sister Ramsussen

No comments:

Post a Comment