Monday, April 21, 2014

Camp on the Hill

So I don't have a whole lot to write about this week. It was pretty normal. I am starting to really know where I'm going around here now which is good. We really really tried to get people to come to church for Easter, the only problem is that here in AUS it's like a major holiday weekend, so everyone travels up the coast or down the coast or to some sort of coast and a lot of people were out of town. So that was kind of a bummer. We haven't had any investigators come to church yet in this ward, which kind of bums me out, but we also don't really have many or any solid investigators which is a bit of a bummer,  but it just comes with opening an area. I've done it three times and I can do it again. It just takes a lot of patience in the beginning. We are doing all we can to find those prepared people, I'm positive we will be lead to them eventually. 
My companion and I had to speak on Sunday for Easter in Sacrament meeting. That was a good opportunity for me to reflect a bit more on Easter and the real meaning of it. Since it was just a normal if not even more intense work weekend for us it didn't feel that different, so the speaking assignment helped me to remember  the Savior's resurrection even more. I used that book you sent me the Infinite Atonement, and also Elder Christofferson's talk from conference on the resurrection. I feel like I learned a lot about the importance of the resurrection and how vital it is for us all to have a personal testimony that our Saviour died and that he still lives today, and that we can gain that personal witness by reading and praying about the Book of Mormon which testifies that he was resurrected and that he did visit those people after his resurrection. I think it was an alright talk. I learned a lot even if no one else was listening. 
Anyways it was a good week and I had a very good Easter so I hope you all did too. 
Also check out this lds.org video. This is my ward mission leader, he is THE MAN. We love him. 

Have a great week. I'm going to the temple next Thursday so I don't get another P-day until then...so I won't hear from you for a while that is why. 
Alofa Atu

Sister RAsmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment