Tuesday, January 28, 2014

ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FARE

Happy Australia Day Everyone!
Australia Day was Sunday but the public holiday was Monday so that is why I'm writing to you late. When the rest of the world gets a holiday we get to work twice as hard! Because more people are home and are available to listen during public holidays. Australia Day is basically like the 4th of July except they don't make hardly as big of a deal of it as we do. Like no Fireworks or anything. Just BBQs and drinking. They have "sausage sizzles"here which is where they grill sausages, not hot dogs, and then put them on a piece of buttered plain white bread and roll them up and eat them with Tomato sauce, not Ketsup and grilled onions. It was really weird at first but I've fully embraced it now, except for the onions, it's not a bad way to have a BBQ and it's cheaper than the way we do it, just a bit odd at first. So P-day is Tuesday this week and next week it is on Wednesday because we are going to the temple. I feel like it's been ages since I've been to the temple and I cannot wait to go! It has been ages because we went in the second week of last transfer and then weren't scheduled to go until the 6 week of this transfer which is next week. 
First of all I just want to email to say that I don't have a lot of time to email back today because it took me so long to read so many wonderful emails sent from you! I love it and I am so thankful for everyone who writes me, I don't think anyone who hasn''t served a mission would understand how much letters and emails mean. It's just nice to know that you're all still out there somewhere and occasionally think about me enough to write an email. I'm feelin the love today. 
Last week was pretty fun. We had our sisters conference in Brisbane which was so much fun! My MTC comp sister Solomon basically organized the entire thing and was running around all day making sure things were going smoothly so I was running around after her making sure she was alright and had a chance to enjoy herself. The best part of it was that even the sisters who are up North in Never Never Land came down for it! So I got to see all my sisters that are up there, Sister Carter, Sister Merrill, 
Sister Mafi, Sister Russell and all the others too. It was awesome. I hope I get to serve up there before my mission is over but we will see what Heavenly Father has planned for me. I'm torn because I've really grown to love Toowoomba, and things are really starting to accelerate here. We are working better with the ward especially our bishop and we are seeing miracles as a result of that. So I don't want to leave because I think I will miss out on a lot of the fruit of  my labors here especially because much of that labor has been very hard but in a way I want to get out and have a new challenge and experience a new area and everything. Except I don't particularly want to train again, not that I don't love my new companion because we get along super well and I love her to pieces but just training kind of wears you down I think, I don't know I just want to experience what it would be like not to be training I think and have a companion that already has an idea at least of what missionary work is like. But who knows maybe I'm meant to train my whole mission, and if that's the case maybe I'll actually be good at it by the end haha whatever the Lord wants is what will be the best for all involved, even if I can't always see that. I don't know if I've mentioned it already but we are reading the Book of Mormon together as a mission last transfer and this transfer and we are getting to our last two weeks of it. It's really been so great to read it this second time through since I've been here and realize how I'm different and facing different challenges than the first time I read it but the same story still gives me answers and peace. It's crazy! I love it though and one thing that has helped me recognize that and get so much more out of it has been taking notes as I read. It makes all the difference in the world to my study to write impressions and things down as I go along. I get so much more out of it. So If I may, I would encourage everyone to start a scripture study journal and use it, because it is really great. I can go back and read what impressions I got 6 months ago and compare that to what's going on now, and I know it'll be something that I'll keep forever even after my mission. Anyways sorry I wrote a novel I will try and reply to a few of you and get the rest next week. 
Alofa Atu!!

Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment