Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 1 Back in North Pine

Aloha,
Well a lot of things are going on. It's been pretty crazy adjusting to being in another new area, sort of, and new companion, and new responsibilities etc. But the great thing is I haven't really been too stressed. The comforting power of the Holy Ghost is real, and also when you focus more on others than on yourself you don't really have room to be stressed. So that's been good. I had to go to my first Mission Leadership Council meeting. That was weird. Then I had to go on my first tradeoff with a companionship of sisters in my region, also weird. I got through it though with some help from my friend the Spirit and also a lot of help from my wonderful companion. It was cool going to church on Sunday and seeing all the wonderful members in North Pine ward that I missed and also meet some new faces. It was good to see Bishop. Things with the ward have backslid a tiny bit...like they are back to having no ward mission leader again where they were when I first got here. But it's ok because the first thing Bishop told me is he wants to meet with us once a week again so we can keep up the work and stuff. So I'm glad I already have that good relationship with him and all the other good members here which can help us push the work forward in unity. I was really sad to leave Camp Hill ward though because I really loved it so much and there were some really great members there and investigators and people we were really able to work with and so much good potential in the area. I know that Sister Semaia and Sister Robertson will do great though.  Anyways I'm short on time but I hope all is well back home. I hear really interesting things all the time about how much the United States is struggling, but I take that with a grain of salt. A lot of Australians have a pretty weird conception of what it's like to live in the U.S. 
Ofa Lahi Atu

Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment