Monday, June 2, 2014

Joyful June!

Aloha Family!
So our mission dubbed May to be Miracle May and now we are going into Joyful June! Yay! Our mission has BIG GOALS for the month of June, like having 100 convert baptisms in June. The funny thing is that I arrived in Australia a year ago this week, and when I arrived we were in the midst of sending President and Sister Langeland "home with 100" baptisms in June that year. We definitely fell short of that goal. The thing is that this time around I can feel that we are going to see miracles and that this goal will be accomplished because this is Heavenly Father's goal. I think last time it was his goal too, but maybe it wasn't ours. The mission really wasn't in a place to accomplish the goal, we weren't as obedient, as skilled, as diligent, as prepared, etc as we are now. We have been through a lot of refining and what President Henderson has helped us understand is "the mighty change" in our hearts and the hearts of our members as well. Things are so different than they were a year ago, and nothing has helped me really see that then being in the exact same area that I was in a year ago. It's difficult not to make the comparison of where I am now, to where I was then. The mission has truly changed myself more than anyone else. It's funny because I remember before I left thinking to myself that I hoped I didn't change at all, I wanted to still be "me" when I got home. I'm glad I pretty much abandoned that idea within my first week at the MTC and I've been slowly and steadily handing over bits of myself to Heavenly Father to make what he wants out of me instead of what I can make out of myself. That's definitely a practice I've realized I will continue for the rest of my life and probably all of eternity as well. He just knows so much better what awesome things we are capable of, we limit ourselves so much. Stepping into this whole new leadership role where I have to step up not just for myself and my companion but a whole region of sisters and in a way all the other missionaries in the mission is definitely proving to continue to refine me but I know I'll get the hang of it eventually. 
In other news it's starting to get cold here First day of winter was Sunday. We got to go to the mission home and have P-day with President and Sister Henderson last P-day because sister Kjaw is going home and she is a chef, so she wanted to cook for them before she left and we got to enjoy the ride! Also sister Henderson had butter flavoured crisco!! WOO!! So I made cookies too ;) that made my day! here's a link to the pics: http://www.australiabrisbanemission.com/2014/06/sister-kyaws-red-curry-chicken.html 
Hope everyone has a great weekend start to their summer! 
Ofa Lahi Atu
Sister Rasmussen

PS GO SPURS

No comments:

Post a Comment