Friday, August 22, 2014

I Love to See the Temple!!

ALOHA,
So today was temple p-day, which I always love. I love coming down to the city, I love taking the train, I love walking along the river and up the stairs cut into the cliffs, I love taking the ferry and seeing all the buildings and the people, and I LOVE THE TEMPLE. It is truly the house of the Lord and there is a feeling inside that you cannot replicate anywhere else in the world. We have had a great week so far and it is only going to get even better! My poor companion and I hardly spend any time together because we are always on trade-offs with the sisters in our region but it is so fun to serve with all of them and hopefully bless them and help them when we can. It was raining all day on Saturday and I got to be on trade-offs with sister Tobiassen, who is one of the sisters that lives with me. She's basically my Australian twin as far as personality goes, it's a bit of a problem really because we tend to distract each other all the time. But we did have a great day wandering around in the rain absolutely soaked and teaching lessons in cars and all sorts of great things. My companion and I are going up the sunshine coast this week to Kawana waters and then on up to Maryborough and then back by Friday night, just in time for Saturday! We are definitely looking forward to the road trip and the chance to see the sisters up there. 
Then on Saturday we have a baptism scheduled for our investigator James which we are really excited about. It's crazy how the Lord has really blessed us for the time we have spent outside our own area, and maybe not giving it the attention I thought we needed to. We do as much as we can and Heavenly Father truly makes up the difference, and when we have the faith to sacrifice whatever we think we need to do for ourselves, and serve others, everything ends up working out on our end. We started off the month thinking we didn't have anyone to baptize, yet setting the goal that we would and putting into the Lord's hands, and then we went to work trying to serve our sisters and didn't focus so much upon our own area, and here we are! The Lord lead us to find James and he's just as golden as ever, hasn't had a single concern with anything we've taught him and he's all geared up and ready to go for Saturday. We have another one scheduled for the following Saturday as well, and the elders have two for that same day, so we may have 4 baptisms in the one ward this month, that is pretty unheard of here in North Pine, I think they had only 4 the entire year last year. The work is definitely hastening! I also will have the opportunity to attend the temple to do baptisms with the Cass family from Dalby on Saturday morning, so basically I think it's going to be the best day of my life. I'll let you know next Monday! :) Hope everyone is having as great of a life as I am, and if you're not try forgetting about yourself and focusing on other people, it will all work out! 
Love you!

Sister Rasmussen
 With SIster Tama on the Ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment