Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 1 in Camp Hill

Well I've been here nearly a week now and I'm starting to know my way around things a bit better. We had our first Sunday with the ward and President and Sister Henderson came and spoke! So that was really cool, they stayed for the whole 3 hours and then there was a luncheon for all the recent converts and returning less active members of our ward and the ward that meets after us at 1 and then they both spoke again in that ward. I've been to 6 hours of church once on my mission and it was pretty intense but I'm sure they are used to it. Anyways so that was really good. The ward I'm in now is so different from Toowoomba ward, much younger, much more technological, and much more fast paced with everything. They are putting us to work, and have given us heaps and heaps of families and people to start visiting. We are going to be going on splits 3 nights a week, which is awesome as well. I'm excited to work with them. It's cool sharing a ward with elders as well because now we can involve the entire ward more between the lot of us. This week was a bit slow because we were spending a lot of time going through lists and area books and splitting things up and organizing ourselves and getting our maps and stuff but we are super organized now and should be ready to roll for this coming week. The biggest problem we have at the moment is we have no one to teach at all. So knocking on doors on doors on doors this week until we find those people that Heavenly Father has prepared for us. Hopefully by next next week we will have lots of people to teach. It's always slow like this when you open an area, which frustrates me but I know it will get better. Have fun watching general conference live this weekend! We get ii one week delayed but that's alright. I'm really excited for it anyways. It's always good to hear the Prophets speak to us. 
Love you all, 

Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment